Sunday, August 31, 2014

Pomegranate and Chintz stitching contest

Day 1

Decided to take up the challenge set by Meredithe at Pomegranate and Chintz to "sew something, anything, be it prepping, hand piecing, hand appliqué, embroidery, hand quilting for at least 1 hour each day and post about it." This is going to be quite a challenge seeing how I am such an irregular blogger, can I keep it up for two weeks and sew one hour a day as well?

Well today I have worked on sewing on the binding of a quilt that I have made for son R's girlfriend, the quilt is streak of lightning in black and shades of purple.


I don't know what it is about cats and quilts, but no sooner had I laid the quilt out on my bed to take a photograph, than the cat leapt on it.


Day one completed, and a sense of achievement.  Thank you Meredithe!

2 comments:

Rachaeldaisy said...

Good for you for joining in Meredithe's challenge! Your son is going to love his quilt. Cat's really do love inspecting new quilts don't they, so funny.

Every Stitch said...

Great quilt Ruth - very "cool" - they will love it. Good luck with the challenge - will enjoy following your progress :)