Monday, September 16, 2013

A little bit of sewing

As yesterday involved gardening and cooking and no sewing, I tried to make up for it today.

Today, even though it is my day off, I had to go in to work and give a talk. So because I could not really setttle to anything, and there was not really enough time to get involved in gardening or housework, I decided to cut out some blocks ready to machine piece for yet another quilt that I am making. I also did some hexagon piecing in the train to and from work.



These are two blocks for the quilt, designed by Barbara Brackman and Deb Rowden for display in the Abraham Lincoln Museum in Springfield Illinois. The quilt is displayed in the exhibit that depicts Abe's early life on the frontier in a log cabin. The quilt is made up of 28 star blocks and 28 sixteen patch blocks.


I am trying to get into the habit of updating my blog on a more regular basis, hope I can stick to it!

2 comments:

Every Stitch said...

This is going to be lovely - I do like the use of the check fabrics.

Cecily said...

Good to have you back blogging again. I love looking at your photos.