Thursday, April 24, 2014

Long time between posts!

 Well as usual it has been some time between posts. This is because I have been trying to finish this quilt (in spite of furry obstacles) for the Springwood quilt  show



Well now that this is actually hanging at the Springwood quilt show I can read my email and update my blog. I must be the sloweeest quilter.


When entering my quilt I remembered that the lighting in the Springwood High School hall is not the best so I thought that no one will notice the (many) flaws in my quilt. However, when I took this photo of all the beautiful quilts hung ready for the crowds of visitors tomorrow I noticed that the lighting in the Hall has been much improved (though not enough to improve the clarity of my photography).


It was our wedding anniversary last week and we went for a delightful cruise on the Nepean River on the the Nepean Belle.


2 comments:

Every Stitch said...

Congratulations on finishing the quilt - it looks wonderful! Do hope the Show goes well for you all. Unfortunately I am not going to be able to make it - so am really glad you posted a photo of your work :)

Rachaeldaisy said...

Your quilt was beautiful. I loved the quilting. I thought the lights were brighter in the school hall this year too. We took my parents in law for lunch on the Nepean Belle last year for Mother's Day and really enjoyed it. It would be a lovely way to celebrate an anniversary.